The City of Lone Tree is offering wheeled carts at a cost of $20.00 per house hold in order to make recycling trouble-free. There is a limit of one cart per household at the subsidized price. The initial cart will be assigned to the residence using a serial number and must remain at the residence. Additional carts purchased at full price may move with the purchaser. If you are unsure if a recycle cart has been previously purchased for your residence please call 303-708-1818 or email.
You can either print and complete the cart order form and send a check in the amount of $20.00 (for the initial cart) or $62.00 (for an additional cart) to the City of Lone Tree in order to obtain your 68 gallon wheeled recycling cart. The City will fund $42.00 (which includes the $11 delivery fee) per cart for the initial cart.
Or you can order online. Payment can be made either with a credit card (Visa, Master Card or Discover) or through an electronic check payment. A 2.3% service fee will be applied to all credit card transactions. There is no fee for payments made with an electronic check (you will need your routing and account numbers).
If you request a refund, credit card service fees are not refundable.
There is a limit of one cart per household (at the subsidized price). When ordered, a cart will be assigned to the home using a serial number that is heat-stamped to the cart. When the resident moves, the cart must remain at that location for the new homeowner to use.
New carts are delivered on a monthly basis and are dropped off at your home. If more than 60 days have elapsed since the City received your payment and your cart has not been delivered, please contact us at 303-708-1818.
Carts are distributed on a first come, first serve basis, based on the date the order was received and the neighborhood it is being delivered to. If you have any questions regarding your delivery please contact us at 303-708-1818 or email.
What to do with the old bin containers:
- Keep it and use it. Pro Disposal, Inc. will pick up recycling placed in the bin containers or the wheeled carts.
- Donate it to a school to use for their recycling program
- Load it up with hazardous paints and oils; then call WM Curbside Inc. at 1-800-HHW-PKUP to schedule a pickup
- Store sporting gear in it
- Use it when you go camping to separate out recyclables from the garbage
- Put it in your closet and throw your shoes in it
- Use it to hold paint cans, stains and oils in your garage
The City will warrant the carts for one year and will replace it during that time if it breaks. After that time, the resident must purchase an additional cart at the full price (currently $62). Refund requests will be considered on a case by case basis. If a refund is requested, credit card service fees are not refundable.
The cart is approximately 2' x 2' x 3.5' high.
Benefits of wheeled carts:
- The wheeled carts used in single-stream recycling make transportation easier and require no heavy lifting;
- The hinged lids on the recycling carts reduce the likelihood of debris accumulation in the streets and keep recyclables dry;
- One cart recycling makes collection easy and convenient for residents. This typically increases the number of participants and directly affects recycling percentages.
Increasing our recycling participation rates and diverting more materials from landfills has a positive affect on our environment and our community. Thank you for participating in the City of Lone Tree recycling program.