Municipal Court

Possible Penalties

Possible Fines, Fees, and Methods of Payment

For traffic cases, a minimum fine schedule of $25.00 per point, based on the original points charged on the citation, was established by City Council. The fine may be increased if the driving record shows previous moving violations and/or if the case involved an accident. Fines assessed in a school or construction zones or for aggressive driving are automatically doubled. For pedestrian right-of-way in crosswalk violations $150.00. The maximum fine which may be imposed is $1000 and/or 1 year in jail.

There is a $10.00 surcharge for police services and victims and witness assistance programs, and $30.00 court costs. In addition to any fines and costs assessed by the Judge, an additional surcharge of thirty-five (35%) of the fine assessed and shall be used for police functions, victim’s assistance and facilities approved by City Council pursuant to section 10-17-10 of the Lone Tree Municipal Code. 

There is a $30.00 warrant fee assessed each time a bench warrant is issued. 

There is a $30.00 outstanding judgment warrant fee in all cases requiring notification of the Department of Motor Vehicle (required by the State of Colorado) for failure to pay or failure to appear in court.

Methods of Payment

To ensure proper credit for payments please write your Citation Number on your check or money order. You will also need your Citation Number if paying online.

Payment by Mail

Mail Check or Money Order, payable to City of Lone Tree, to:
Lone Tree Municipal Court
9220 Kimmer Drive, Suite 100
Lone Tree, CO 80124

Payment in Person

Municipal Court Office
9220 Kimmer Drive, Suite 100
Lone Tree, CO 80124 
Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. ​

Payment Online

The City accepts online payments (Visa, Master Card, Discover and electronic check payments) at

Bench Warrant, Default Judgment, Outstanding Judgment and Warrant Fees

Please note checks will not be accepted for payment if a Bench Warrant, Default Judgment or Outstanding Judgment/Warrant fee was assessed. Payment must be made in cash, money order, credit card or certified funds.