The Lone Tree Civic Center, located at 8527 Lone Tree Parkway, may be reserved by Lone Tree residents and groups to engage in activities and programs, which are open to the public and of general public interest to the residents and their invitees.
There are two Community Rooms available. The rooms may be reserved to provide a public meeting space during the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. seven days a week. Community Room A has a carpeted floor finish. Community Room B has a concrete slab floor finish. Each room has a maximum occupancy of 50 people.
The City reserves the right to revise or repeal this policy at any time in order to best manage the administrative and office space needs of the City.
The Civic Center building has limited space and is generally only used for City business. To that end, the Civic Center is and shall remain a non-public forum suitable for the conduct of public business related to and serving the interests and needs of the City of Lone Tree as such interests are determined by the City Council and the City Manager.
The Civic Center is available for either a one-time reservation or a series of reservations each year. Reservations for the current year must be made at least 48 hours prior to the requested date. Residents and groups that wish to use the facility in the next year are recommended, but not required, to submit a reservation application by October 15th. Completed applications that are received by this date, will be processed and the schedule will be posted on the Civic Center Calendar on or before October 31rst if the City is able to accommodate their request. Applications received after October 15th will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. All applications will be considered according to the following prioritization schedule:
- City of Lone Tree sponsored programs, activities, and meetings.
- Multiple events users in the following order: governmental entities, quasi-governmental entities (i.e. HOA, etc.), and non-profit organizations.
- Single event users that are governmental entities, quasi-governmental entities (i.e. HOA, etc.), and non-profit organizations.
- All other multiple event users.
- All other single event users.
The City of Lone Tree reserves the right to cancel a scheduled event or meeting without prior notice. Due to the high demand for the Community Rooms, usage is limited to no more than eight (8) hours per month per group. The City of Lone Tree asks that you notify the administrative office (at 303-708-1818) immediately of any cancellations.
- Noncompliance with the provisions of this policy may result in denial of approval for use of the facilities, withdrawal of approval at any time without prior notice, and/or denial of future use of the facilities.
- The Lone Tree Civic Center is only available for use by nonprofit organizations that have at least one Lone Tree resident as a member. The Applicant must be a Lone Tree resident and must present valid Lone Tree address confirmation at time of application. When using the Civic Center, a Lone Tree resident and/or City representative (such as staff) must be present.
- The Civic Center is not available for birthday parties, wedding receptions, retirement parties, fundraising, fee charging events, commercial uses, or other events of this nature.
- The individual who completes the Community Room Use Application is responsible for monitoring the conduct of all guests and will ensure that all Federal, State, and Lone Tree laws and policies are followed. The Applicant must be present the entire time of the use or appoint a substitute. The Applicant is responsible for maintaining the orderly conduct of all participants and for any damage to the facility and its contents. The Applicant must ensure that each event is concluded, and the facilities vacated at the specified end time.
- Parking associated with Applicant’s use of the facility is limited to no more than 29 (including 2 handicapped) spaces available in the parking lot. Use of on-street parking is prohibited. Overflow parking is available at the Cook Creek Pool parking lot (directly east of the Civic Center) when the pool is not in use.
- Advertisements or announcements related to the Applicant’s use of the City of Lone Tree’s Community Room shall not imply the City’s endorsement of points of view expressed by any group or organization.
- The City should be notified immediately of cancellation of reservations by contacting the administrative office at 303-708-1818 or via email to [email protected].
- All individuals should enter the Civic Center at the main entrance of the building and all lights shall be turned off when leaving the Civic Center. If there are other occupants in the Civic Center when you depart, do not lock the doors, as this will set off the alarm. However, if you are the last occupant in the building, it is your responsibility to lock the doors with your security access card.
- The Council Chambers, located on the main floor, are not available for public use and shall not be accessed. Alarms will alert the Lone Tree Police Department if anyone attempts to enter the Chamber and police will be dispatched to the Civic Center.
- One security access card will be issued to each Applicant to gain access to the Civic Center. The security card is obtained from the City Offices at 9220 Kimmer Drive, Suite 100 and must be returned to the City Offices within two business days of completion of the last event scheduled by the Applicant. The Applicant will be assessed a $50 card replacement fee for any cards not returned.
- Telephone use is restricted to local calls only.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Smoking (including electronic cigarettes, vaping devices) or burning of candles/incense is prohibited in any part of the Civic Center.
- No items may be attached in any manner to any walls. No signage or decorations are allowed on the exterior of the building.
- Please ensure that all doors are closed and locked when your group leaves the building.
- All preparation time (set up and clean up) must occur on the date and time of use. When reserving the Lone Tree Civic Center, make certain to include set up and clean up times in your request.
- Any displays, easels, audio video equipment, rental tables, serving trays, etc., brought in for an event or meeting, must be removed immediately following the event or meeting.
- Spills on tables and chairs must be cleaned up. Tables and chairs must be left in the same condition and setup as they were prior to the event. Please report spills on carpet to the administrative office so they can be adequately addressed by the cleaning crew.
- For every event, perishable trash must be bagged and placed in the trash receptacles located on the stair landing outside of Room A.
- In the event that the room is left in an unsatisfactory condition, requiring cleaning necessary beyond normal wear and tear, a $50.00 per hour cleaning fee will be assessed to the Applicant. A damage fee will also be assessed for the replacement or repair of any items damaged in the Community Room. Failure to pay for any required cleaning or damage will result in the Applicant/group being disqualified from continuing to use the facility until the applicable fee is paid.
- You are required to notify the administrative office (at 303-708-1818) if you find any damage or facility related repairs needed, whether it was caused by your group or not.
- The City of Lone Tree, its officers, affiliates, representatives, and employees will not be held liable for any injuries, claims or damages arising from your use of the Civic Center including any potential exposure to COVID-19.