Our mission is to serve and protect our diverse community by providing services with transparency, integrity, and compassion. The vision of the Department is continually strive to exceed the expectations of our community to build trust and foster a sense of belonging where residents and visitors feel safe.
Learn more about our department and let us know if you’re ready to serve.
About Lone Tree
We are an innovative, thriving, business-friendly, family-oriented suburb located at the foot of the Rockies. Our 14,000 residents enjoy world-class cultural and recreational amenities both within Lone Tree and through easy access to the surrounding region. Two freeways and three light rail lines connect our residents to Downtown Denver and Denver International Airport.
The City is a retail and employment hub for the south Denver metro area, home to over 1,700 businesses including Charles Schwab, Kiewit, Choclear Americas, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Kaiser Permanente, and Park Meadow Retail Resort, which results in a daytime population of more than 30,000 people.
LTPD currently has 52 sworn officers, 12 civilian employees and 22 volunteers serving the community. The Department provides public safety through our commitment to community policing and our strong regional collaborations with Douglas County Sheriff’s Office and the Parker Police Department.
The TEACH Model
LTPD follows the core values of TEACH, and we seek individuals who can model these behaviors and demonstrate them consistently.
Compensation & Benefits
- 1 to 1 service credits for each full year of police officer experience occurring within 3 years of application and continuous. This applies to each year out of FTO and must be a POST certified position as a municipality, State Patrol or Sheriff’s Department and does not include working in the jail.
- POST certified Jail Deputies will be considered on a case by case basis. If accepted as a lateral service level, credit will be 1 year of credit for 2 years of service of FTO.
- Other Law Enforcement positions (Federal & State positions) will be considered on a case by case basis. Must be POST certified and experience must have been in last 3 years of application. Service level credit will be 1 year of credit for 2 years of experience out of training. Credit will be capped at 1 year.
2024 Pay Structure
- Non-Lateral Officer in FTO – $69,244*
- Non-Lateral Officer out of FTO – $75,869*
Lateral Officers Out of FTO
- 1 yr. service credit – $80,914*
- 2 yrs. of service credit – $86,295*
- 3 yrs. of service credit – $92,033*
- 4 yrs. of service credit – $98,153*
- 5 yrs. of service credit – $105,043
*Employees with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university receive an additional $2,500 per year while moving through the salary steps as an officer and will sunset upon reaching top pay.
Note: while in FTO, Lateral Officers are paid one step below accepted service credit level
- Patrol/Mall Officer
- Community Partnership Officer
- General Detective
- Task Force Detective (FIRST, IMPACT)
- Regional SWAT Team
- Hostage Negotiator
- Critical Incident Response Team
- Specialized Training
- Instructor Positions
With us, you’ll be serving a very supportive community that is committed to improving the relationship between residents, business and law enforcement. In addition, officers have the support of Community Safety Officers and Volunteers in Police Services (VIPS) to assist with minor accidents, reporting, patrol support, and much more.
“Sergeant Gallegos responded to an alarm at my residence. I want to thank him for making me feel confident that my home was secure. Lone Tree police department goes above, and beyond. I appreciate all that they do.” – Julie C.
“Upon arrival in the Emergency room at Sky Ridge hospital, with my 3 year old twins and 11 month old in tow, Officer Wagner went OUT of his way to say hello as we made our way to my sick mother’s room.
Within a few MINUTES, Wagner was in our room offering to take the kids for refreshments just around the corner.
He was my knight in police uniform!” – Bobbie M.
“I was stopped recently and Officer Maddox was very kind and professional, explained why I was being stopped and after checking my information, quickly had me on my way. I really appreciated the interaction and wanted to commend him for his pleasant demeanor.” – Tehani D.
Thank you to all who stopped by Cabela's in Lone Tree last week for our Coffee with a Cop. It was a great opportunity to meet our officers and even our new mounted patrol! Stay tuned for more Coffee with a Cop events in the near future. pic.twitter.com/LGU7nxVCNN— City of Lone Tree (@CityofLoneTree) August 24, 2021